Thursday, December 18, 2008

The one where you find out what makes me such a geek

So here it is- from the quiz I took that rated me a "Super Geek" all the things I answered yes to on that quiz, and maybe a few more thrown in for good measure- in case you really didn't believe me when I said I was a geek:

I have:
programmed a calculator in math class
studied a language on my own
always hated mainstream
dated a geek
married a geek
done homework that wasn't required
done homework for somebody else
looked forward to dissecting a frog, pig, etc.
taken notes in more than one color
thought I could win a quiz show
corrected a professor in class
written a letter to the editor
written fan fiction
a subscription to a sci-fi or computer magazine
attended for a Renaissance Faire in costume
criticized normality
taken the Mensa test
skipped parties to read or study
skipped parties to talk online
skipped parties because I'm not cool enough to go
argued about which "Trek" is the best
founded a club of any sort
snorted while laughing

I have been:
a theater techie
in a fan club or on their mailing list
called a geek
more than once
labeled socially inept
by your "friends"
in "smart" classes
in show choir
on any sort of academic team

I have read
Douglas Adams
Piers Anthony
Isaac Asimov
Stephen Hawking
Robert Heinlein
H.P. Lovecraft
Anne McCaffrey
J.R.R. Tolkien
any "The Companion to ..." books
books based on Star Trek or Star Wars
fan fiction
books on history outside class
for a reading circle or book club

I want:
a yurt
7 of 9
Jean-Luc Picard
Mulder
Willow or Buffy
to take over the world
to score well on this test

I routinely watch:
X-Files
Star Trek
Deep Space 9
Star Trek Voyager
Jeopardy
Quantum Leap
Stargate Atlantis
History or Discovery Channel
Sci-Fi Channel
bonus features on dvds

I have seen every episode of:
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Star Trek: Enterprise
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Stargate SG-1

Any questions?

No comments: